The world has turned topsy turvy since the early spring of 2020 and we are all now trying to adjust to a new, constantly changing way of living.
The holiday cottages are not immune and so we are required to consider ways to minimise the effects of the Coronavirus.
- We have read and are following all the government and industry guidelines in relation to Coronavirus.
- We have prepared a risk assessment, a copy of which is available on request if you’d like to read it.
- We have developed processes to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
As a result, we are delighted to confirm that we are now free to use the Visit England Industry Standard mark, “We’re Good to Go”
What to expect if you choose to stay with us
Firstly, we’re aiming to keep any differences in our cottages to an absolute minimum. There will not be any floor markings or ugly signage. We still want you to have that home from home experience.
Taking the latest advice on the length of time that the virus remains viable on different surfaces, we believe that we have a common sense approach to minimising the risks to our guests, staff and ourselves.
To be covid compliant we will be completely sanitising the property after the departure of each group of guests. We’ll be paying particular attention to those high touch areas such as light switches and remote controls.
We have streamlined what we have in the cottage and changed the way that we present some items.
What we have removed;
- Books, DVDs and CDs. As sanitising all of these between stays would just take too long we ask that you please bring your own.
What will be rotated
To minimise the risk of the virus being present we will rotate some items;
- consumable supplies and kitchen textiles (tea, cling film, tea towels etc.)
- a few Peak District specific guide books and Ordnance Survey maps
Our cleaning regime is based on a 4 step process
- Prepare the property by removing all waste, dirty laundry etc
- Effective cleaning with our normal environmentally friendly products
- Sanitisation of all surfaces using products that comply with British standards EN14476 and EN1276. These are also environmentally friendly where we can find them.
- Preparation for new guests including remaking beds and reintroducing fresh supplies
What do we ask of our guests
- We are asking that our guests arrive a little later to allow us the extra time to sanitise the property, 4pm rather than 3pm.
- We are also asking that if any guest has Covid19 symptoms before their stay, that they don’t travel.
What to do in the area
We have a page that we are constantly updating, Visiting the Peak District during COVID
Visit Peak District also have some good information on their site – “Know before you go”
We are as new to this as you are and we may have got things wrong. Please let us know what you think of our plans. It’s only with feedback that we’ll improve.